Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

The Crim

Okay, it's been quite. some. time. since I posted.  Opps!  I've been super busy with everything in life ... except for running.  Shameful.  BUT ... back in May I signed up to run the 10 mile race of the Crim!  If you don't know, the Crim is a super popular race in Flint, Michigan (about an hour from where I live) and it's supposed to be one of the best races in the area.  I'm not sure who qualifies it as one of the best races, but that's what I've heard.  The Crim was on Saturday and while I did not finish in the time I hoped ... I finished.

One of my friends from college (who I haven't seen for 3 years!) facebooked me, when she realized that I have 'gotten into running', and suggested we run the Crim together.  I'd heard about the race from a couple people and had been debating doing it.  So when my long lost friend suggested it, I jumped at the opportunity.  And let me say ... it was such a fun race!  My friend and I both admitted to each other last week that we haven't really been training.  So we agreed to embrace the fun aspect of it ... and it was the BEST idea!

The Crim is a route along a college area so we run by a lot of fraternities.  Many of them were passing out beer, we saw Krisy Kremes, jello shots, donuts, toast and BACON ... it was hilarious.  And soo much fun.  Have I said that yet? ;)  There were people singing ... a ton of other spectators, a bunch of homeowners had their sprinklers along the route for people to run through and cool off ... it was soo nice.  I will definitely do it again ... and train so I can finish in a more reasonable time.  Definitely suggest it to anyone and everyone! 

Oh and side note ... the person who won the race was a Kenyan who ran in it in 46 minutes!  I can't even fathom that ... the course has a decent amount of hills.  46 minutes!  Outrageous.

I've started to embrace the Paleo diet.  It's also called the hunter/gatherers diet.  On basic terms you eat a of meat and veggies and limit your carbs and processed foods.  I'm still learning it ... so definitely not an expert, but I'm enjoying and for the most part I think that I have more energy. 

I'll keep you updated on my progress, but it stopped my 1 month plateau ... so that's exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment