Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Unofficial PR

The Color Run was in our area this weekend, so on Sunday I went with some friends and we had a blast!  My best friend and I ran the entire thing ... well it was hard to run because there were 15,000 people, but we did run it.  Oh and that's not a typo. FIFTEEN THOUSAND!  Soooo many people!  It was fun though.  I did the one in Chicago and ended up not even running it because it was more fun to walk.  But yesterday we decided we wanted to run.  My best friend, Jaci, is running the Disney Princess Half with me in February and because she lives in Florida we've actually NEVER ran together, but we thought this could be a good training run with each other.  We are perfect together!  We pushed each other enough and motivated each other.  We're at similar paces ... and we both felt we ran better together yesterday than we normally do.  Always a bonus!  Running with her made me want to join that running club even more now.  We'll see ... I still need to talk myself into it.  :)

Anyway, back to the Color Run, in case you don't know it's a 5k, but it's considered the "happiest 5k on earth".  Because it's just for fun, there's no time chip, but I checked our time when we were getting started and then when we finished.  I don't know why, but I didn't actually time us.  BUT, we started around 8:31 and ended around 9:05.  That is the fastest 5k I've ever done and I'm sooo bummed that I don't even have an unofficial actual time, but I'm still so happy!  I need to run with Jaci all the time!

After the race.  They throw colored cornstarch while you run.  Fun!

Well, I'm starting my week 3 of Hal Higdon again... but I'm excited about it again.  Hopefully, I can keep increasing my confidence (and speed!).

I really don't have much else to say right now.  Until next time ...

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment