Pages

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Banana Boats

Weigh in today.  I lost 1.2 lbs!  Okay ... not super exciting, but it was the fourth of July and I haven't really tracked my food this week - still tried to make good decisions - but we all know how that goes.  Anyway, I'm happy that I did well.  I know that doesn't mean I always will when I don't track, but it gives me hope. 

My sister, brother-in-law and nephew came over for dinner today.  It was so much fun.  We made some pork steak, veggies, salad and then for dessert we had banana boats.  It's where you split a banana in half and then top it with marshmallows and chocolate chips.  Delish!  We were going to make a fire and cook them on the edge of that, but it started to sprinkle so we decided to make them on the grill.  We cooked them for about 15/20 minutes on low/med heat.  Soo good!  Here's a before picture.




My sister is a little OCD ... can you tell which one is hers?  Hahaha.  I think mine tasted better though, because the marshmallows on the sides got nice and toasty!  My sister even admitted later that she wished she would've had some more that got toasty too. 

My nephew recently started walking and they live on the other side of the state so I have only seen a video of him walking.  It was so much fun to watch him walk around.  Our dog didn't know what to make of this little human.  Such a fun evening though!  Spending time with them always makes me wish they lived closer.  My husband and brother-in-law get along really well too (my brother-in-law stood up in our wedding) so it would be nice to have someone else to hang out with, especially since we're self proclaimed hermits.  ;)  Not really ... but we're pretty boring. 

After everyone went home (well back to my parents house) my husband and I were just sitting talking when we heard fireworks.  My husband went to check if we could see anything and we had a GREAT view of some fireworks from our deck.  I tried to get some pics with my phone, but nothing turned out great.  But it was a great way to end our evening. 

Until next time ...

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment