Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Mental Toughness

How do you get mental toughness?  Today I had my scheduled 3 miles and to be honest I'm not a heat person and with this heatwave I just am not looking forward to my runs.  I'm running on a treadmill, but the air in our house just seems blah; I feel blah all day because of the heat; I'm not excited about my runs ... and then when the time comes - I just go through the motions.  When it gets tough, I give up and walk.  WHY?!  I try to talk myself out of walking, but the devil always prevails when I'm running. 

Tomorrow is my weigh in day.  I'm nervous, because while I made decent food decisions this week, it was a holiday week.  And I tend to eat things and not even realize it.  Oops!  However, my husband and I did play tennis for an hour on the 4th of July.  The heat index was 110*!!!  We were dripping sweat, but it was sooo much fun!  I love doing cross training things like that instead of the elliptical or circuits.  Nothing wrong with those things, but its so much fun to do things that I don't do everyday.  I feel blessed to have a husband who would play tennis with me on such a hot day just because I suggested it.

I have 30 minutes of circuit training tomorrow, but my husband will be working so it will probably be the elliptical again ... could be worse!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment