Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Slow ...

I am a slow runner.  And when I say I'm a slow runner ... I mean you could probably walk at the pace I'm running.  I could probably walk at the pace I'm running.  It's super frustrating, because I just don't get it.  I have never been a runner ... I never wanted to run, hence the title of the blog ... but now that I want to run I have no idea how to.  I feel like I need a running coach.  Does that even exist? 

There's a running club that meets near my house that I've entertained the thought of joining ... but every time I really think about it, I get super nervous!  I actually have talked to a member and she said they have people who walk in their running club, so I feel like I could join them and maybe it would help getting tips from 'crazy' runners.  I don't know.  Why can't I just run?!


Today I was scheduled for 3.5 miles.  And today was my first day back after being sick all last week, so it was rough.  It would've been rough anyway, because I haven't been running outside in like 2 months!  It's just too hot, or I run too late and it's too dark.  So it's always harder for me to run outside, but it was actually beautiful.  There was a nice breeze and the sun was being blocked by the bleachers (I ran at the local HS track) ... I need to run there more often. 

I'm really at a loss of what else to say right now.  If I write anymore I feel like it will just end up being a rant about how I'm fat and slow ... and if you're reading this ... you probably already know that so I don't need to remind you for 3 more paragraphs.  So instead ... I'll say Adieux

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment